Today I’ll be interviewing YouTube Personality Leilani Nicole about her business, being an influencer, and starting her new project Lei It All Out There Podcast.
- What made you begin your journey on YouTube? – Back when I was in middle school, my mom introduced me to the OG Youtube queen, Bethany Mota. I was obsessed with her videos and started discovering other channels that I enjoyed as well. I had always loved filming and editing so I decided to create a beauty & fashion channel of my own. Ever since starting my channel back in 2013, I have truly fallen in love with creating content and producing videos.
- Who are your style influences? Is there anyone you look up to in the fashion world that you aspire to be like/admire? – I wouldn’t necessarily say anyone has “influenced” my style. But, I do love Kendall Jenner and Vanessa Hudgen’s styles. I have always admired how adorable Vanessa’s outfits are.
- How would you describe your personal style? – My personal style is girly, trendy, and comfortable. Whenever I am going to class or going out to dinner with friends, I always try to look presentable and trendy. On days when I don’t feel like dressing up and just want to be comfortable, I like to spice up the outfit with jewelry pieces so it looks as though I put more effort into my outfit.
- List your favorite fashion staples you’re loving at the moment. – I am absolutely loving the small hoops trend. Prior to last year, you would never catch me wearing earrings, especially not hoops. But, now I will not leave the house without a cute pair of earrings. They are the cherry on top when it comes to curating any outfit.
- What is the most meaningful advice you’ve ever received? – Although it is so simple and cliche, I think the most meaningful piece of advice I have received is that I can do anything I set my mind to. As I have learned more and more about manifestation and the law of attraction, I have realized that nothing is impossible. It’s all about shifting your mindset and eliminating all negative thoughts.
- What advice would you tell your younger self if you had the chance? – I would tell my younger self that she can do anything she sets her mind to and to always remain motivated. I feel like I have grown so much over the past couple years and have started to find myself. When I was younger, I definitely held myself back because of fear and dealing with fake friends. But, now I would say I am in a much better headspace.
- How would yourself in 3 words & why? –I would describe myself as happy, positive, and friendly. I would say that I have always been a happy and positive person for all my life. I enjoy lifting up others and being the sunshine on a cloudy day. Life is such a beautiful thing so I try to find the joy in everything. I also try to be a friend to everyone and someone who you can go to for anything.
- Who is your biggest inspiration? – My biggest inspiration is my lovely mother. She has always pushed me to reach for the stars and has been the most amazing teacher. I would not be the woman I am today if it weren’t for my mom being real and honest. She wants the best for me and is truly my number one fan.
- If you had a wish and could travel anywhere across the world where would you travel? – This is so difficult to narrow down to just one place! But, I would absolutely love to travel to Mykonos, Greece. It truly looks like heaven on Earth and has always been on my travel bucket list.
- What would you say to anyone wishing to start their own platform? – Honestly, go for it! Having a platform where I can share my happiness and my favorite things is absolutely incredible. There is room for success for everyone who wants to be a content creator. I feel like now more than ever is the time to dive head first into creating a social media presence. The influencer world is the future of marketing. It’s also a great way to use your voice!
- For you, what was the process like to create your own podcast Lei It All Out There Podcast? – I have had the idea of creating my own podcast in the back of my mind for about a year now. I have been listening to podcasts for about two and a half years now and I find so much enjoyment in hearing the people I look up to discuss specific topics. Back in early December of 2020, I got to be a guest on one of my friend’s podcasts and that was the day I officially decided to create my own podcast. So for the next few weeks, I started preparing for my podcast release date (January 4th, 2021) and I have been absolutely loving it! It makes me so happy to hear that people have been enjoying my podcast episodes.
- What was the inspiration behind the project? – I was inspired by the hosts of the Chicks in the Office podcast and the Gals on the Go podcast. I have been listening to their podcasts for a couple years and look forward to their weekly episodes. I just truly enjoy creating content and can see this being a side hustle.
- For the new year where do you see yourself & your business? – I am honestly shooting for the stars this year. I want to reach 100,000 subscribers on YouTube and have 10,000 downloads on my podcast. As I mentioned before, I want to make this my side hustle and maybe potentially make this a full time thing.
Be sure to check out her channel https://www.youtube.com/user/LoveLeichannel